Friday, February 26, 2010

sew & tell - yes, more bags

I'm so sorry I don't have anything exciting and new to show you but more bags.  But I do think they are pretty!

I helped my friend finish her bag up yesterday.  Her day opened up and she couldn't wait to get it finished.  I don't blame her! It's so cute!  She did a really great job.

I love the color combo - I want to name it the raspberry limeade bag!  This is from Patty Young's new Flora and Fauna line.  I love a good border print.  I also took a couple pics of her wearing it so you can get an idea of how big it is, and that it can be worn messenger-style. 

The next two were finished up last Saturday morning.  I was on a roll with my assembly line finish from last Friday and wanted to get them done.

This one is for Vanessa (from when we went shopping together).
I love this Nicey Jane fabric (Heather Bailey).  I can't believe how nice the drape is!  Definitely garment worthy.  I want to make some skirts and dresses now.
The last one is for my neighbor - she's gifting it to a friend who is having a baby in March. 
Erin McMorris, Park Slope.  This is a really fun mod print!  I love the green and hot pink with the navy and turquoise. I've had this for a while and wasn't sure who I was going to make it for.  I'm glad Ellen picked it!
This interior print is one of my favorites!  I have it in orange too.  It reminds my of another favorite circular floral, Henna Garden from Sandi Henderson's Farmer's Market.

So there you go.  I do have some more bags I want to make, including a new one for myself.  But I'll spare you from looking at more bags for a few weeks.  I do have some UFO's to work on....

What have you finished this week?
I will leave the linky up until tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see what you have been working on!

(Following the guidelines for linking will ensure a good time for all! I have had to delete posts in the past, don't make me do it, please!)

1. Link to your specific post about a sewing related finish you had THIS week. (email me if you have questions about that.)
2. Please mention us here and link back to this post so everyone can join in. (You can mention Sew & Tell in your post and have the button on your sidebar or blog, that works too. )
3. Pat each other on the backs in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment