Wednesday, February 24, 2010

some embroidery (and just a bit of complaining)

So I've been trying to decide what to share with you all the last couple of days.  I've been a little sidetracked from blogging.  I have been helping a friend make a bag.  And she's been very clever.  I love working with other people on the same projects I do and see their twist on my design.  Here's what I'm talking about:

She's says to me, "it would be cute to embroider around the flowers".  I say, "Why, yes it would.  And maybe a few beads in there too!" and just look at what she did!

Now I'm a little jealous I'm not making this bag for myself.  Full reveal to come soon.  We've got to make some more time for another lesson.

I really love helping people learn to sew.  I mean really, what better way to make your home more beautiful, your accessories more personal, and have a creative outlet you can do in your free time (when not taking care of life's other demands)?
*****

I'm excited to be participating in this (click on the button for more info):

Over-used Recipes Swap
Tiffany emailed me and asked if I would contribute a recipe.  Of course, I picked the least photogenic food to share: meatloaf.  But what it lacks in good looks it makes up for in flavor.  I'll be sure to let you know when I'm up next week!

*****
I really think I'm entering the cranky, ornery, crying stage of pregnancy.  I watched this movie the other night and cried for Mr. Thornton (here's a clip - don't worry, it's not a spoiler).  I've been spending a lot of time on the hamster wheel that is laundry, food prep and kitchen clean-up, it's getting old.  And I'm feeling stressed by not knowing EXACTLY where we'll be moving in a few months.  And yet, every time I finish a small sewing project, or feel an elbow sticking out of my side or hear my daughter say something funny and my baby boy give me a big kiss, I think it's not all bad.

I've felt a little distracted from the blogging community lately.  Much due to the aforementioned time consuming tasks. I hope you will forgive less frequent comments and visits, but know that I appreciate everyone of you and your enthusiasm and creativity which is infectious!

I did finish those other two bags this weekend and have Penny's bee block to finish this week.  Maybe I'll have a lot to share on Friday!  I also need some help deciding what to do for my baby's quilt.... Care for any suggestions?  I have a stack of Amy Butler Love fat quarters.  I would love your input on simple quick designs I could use....

*****
And is it just me, or does Flickr run slow on Firefox?

No comments:

Post a Comment