Monday, March 1, 2010

obsess much?

Maybe I should have said last week that I have entered the obsessive stage of pregnancy.

After finishing this bag for my friend, I had to order some of Laura Gunn's Poppy line too.  This is going to be awesome (I hope!).  The graphics are very large, I'm thinking of buying some to put on stretcher boards and hang in my house, like this.
I used a gift card to Pink Chalk Fabrics that I won during Jaquie's Joy in the New Year Challenge in January!  They were super fast and have a lot of the new prints available.

*****
Amy did an awesome post last week about turquoise!  I've been wanting to do one myself and when I saw her's I thought, "Yes, I need to do it."  I actually wrote one a while ago that was kind of fun, but I have some new additions to share.
(l-r, top to bottom)  milk crate (Target), free chair painted blue, free table painted same blue (ionic sky - Behr), KitchenAid measuring cups (now if I could just find the spoons!), breadbox (Target), little vase, colander. bowl, bistro chair (Rustoleum spray - Aqua).

I know Pantone has declared Turquoise THE color for 2010, but I've loved it for so long (well turquoise/lt blue/baby blue).  Not that I'm saying I'm a trendsetter, I just think if you like something long enough it will come into style - and then I find you want to buy everything up while it's hot and available!

*****
I love Michael Miller's Dandy Damask.  I think it's out of print.  At least I know it's difficult to find.  I won a gift card to Fabric Depot from Jodi@Pleasant Home sometime last year and finally used it!  I was so happy to find some more dandy as well as this Farmer's Market print (sheepish grin) in aqua.
I was originally thinking of doing a little baby blanket with it,  but now I think I just want to stare at it.

And then I bought some of the dandy in brown and green.  I used it in my bird quilt and loved it!  I thought I could do a boy blanket with brown minky...
and then, OOPS! I already had 2 pieces.  So now maybe I'll do the borders on my quilt with it.  Goodness, I have enough of it now.  I guess this would be a good reason to get my stash organized and all in the same place.  I seriously had forgotten that I already had a bunch.


*****
Ever since I watched North and South last week I've been reminded how much I love all the great British period dramas/love stories. I found this video. Now I have a list of more shows to watch (and maybe rewatch, but I'm not telling). I also probably don't want to admit that I ran across this clip watching random videos starring Richard Armitage.....

Do you have any current obsessions?  Please tell me I'm not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment