Friday, January 29, 2010

sew & tell: an improv bee block

I'm pretty sure that's what it is called when you don't have a plan...

This my last block for 2009 A Notion or Two virtual quilting bee.  I really hope Dana likes it.


I was really stressing out over this.  I took it with me on my trip and have been mulling it over all month.  In addition to the fabric she sent me, I picked out the polka dot and the stripe to go with it.  I had visions of 9 patches, pinwheels, etc and nothing really seemed to flow.

So when I realized I didn't have anything to share today, I thought, "Self, you'd better just do something!" So I pulled out the fabrics and decided to frame that bird print - it's my favorite!  And it just sort of went from there.  Improv is fun!

I just have one more assignment from our bee to finish up - it's for my friend Allyn, who I assume is forgiving of my tardiness since we've known each other for a while.  Right, Allyn?  I'm going to work on hers this weekend.  Promise.

One nice thing about being away from my stuff all month is that I'm really motivated to get some projects finished!  Just knock them out!  I hope to have lots of fun things to show you - and not just bags and pillows, although I do have a lot of those to get going on too.  My little vacation was great - re-entry to regular life has not been so easy.  Give me another week.

What did you finish this week?
(Following the rules will ensure a good time for all!)
1. Link to your specific post (email me if you have questions about that.)
2. Please mention us here and link back to this post so everyone can join in.  (You can mention Sew & Tell in your post and have the button on your sidebar or blog, that works too. )
3. Pat each other on the backs in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment