Friday, January 8, 2010

sew & tell: secret gift edition

Are you ready?  We've had a few weeks off from Sew & Tell and I hope you are excited to catch up!
I thought today would be a fun day to link to your after-holiday posts sharing some of the gifts you may have made that you couldn't share before.  If you are linking to a post that you wrote in the last few weeks - please add a little note about Sew & Tell somewhere, thanks!  And of course, you can share anything else you have been working on!

I actually didn't make any gifts for Christmas, that I haven't already shared.  But I did get the little dress made for my daughter.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out and now I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be making more little dresses.  I like a nice quick project.

I liked some of the techniques they used in this pattern.  The neck and armholes are finished off with single-fold bias tape.  Much easier and better looking than those annoying facings that you usually have to do!

No one was around to take a picture of the two of us, so you get another mirror shot.

Look at my belly!  I had to take out all the seams I took in when I initially wore this dress back in November.  Ahhh, the woes of pregnancy.

I'm pretty sure she likes it.


Here's a little New Year's refresher of the Sew & Tell guidelines. (Irrelevant or non-following posts will be deleted.)
1. Link to your specific post (email me if you have questions about that.)
2. Please mention us here and link back to this post so everyone can join in.
3. Pat each other on the backs in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment