Wednesday, January 27, 2010

snooping around my mom's house

My mom always has some new treasures when I come to visit.  These first two things she got at her quilt guild's yearly auction.

This adorable little water bottle apron, with it's little pocket about killed me with cuteness.  These were the favors!  I know there are 40 people in her group - so someone was busy with all that bias tape.  Now I want one.


She bought this quilt during the auction and I just love the colors.  And who doesn't love a cute Mary Englebreit anything?

I ♥ the border fabric.  And the stripe. And all the little squares.

And the back, it's all just cute! (Why didn't I stuff it in my suitcase at the last minute????)

This next quilt is one of my favorites.  Dare I call it her masterpiece?  It's my favorite anyway.  It's a New York Beauty, and I can't wait until it's finished!

These pictures are actually from while ago, but I didn't remember to get it out again to photograph it this last trip.  It has the red borders on and is waiting for a beautiful red and yellow floral-y striped border to go on it.

and just look at those points!  I think this was paper-pieced (mom, correct me if I'm wrong.)  I can't remember the name of the fabric line, but it's a Moda from several years ago.

Wouldn't you all love to see it finished too?  (hint hint) Maybe, I'll share it for sew & tell one of these weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment