Friday, March 26, 2010

sew & tell - springy poppies bag

If you are new or need a refresher for Sew & Tell guidelines you can click on the tab above for details on linking up!

I told you last week that my friend Allyn was coming up to sew with me.  We had SO much fun.  I just wish it would have been a little longer.  I owe my rebirth into the sewing world to her.  It was on her machine in California that I pieced together this quilt.  She also made me my first diaper bag.  And is generally just amazing and inspiring (and really really funny!).

I've felt bad that I've never really made her anything - especially a bag!  So when I saw this fabric I ordered it with her in mind.  When she got here on Thursday she saw it and was secretly (or not so secretly) coveting it.
I asked her if she liked it, to which she responded with a resounding YES!!  So I caved and told her my project while she was here was to make her a bag to take home with her.  I was going to torment her the whole time and tell her it was a custom order for someone else....
I'm quite smitten with it myself.  If you haven't seen this fabric in person - it's amazing!  I'm warning you though - you need a big project to handle the scale of this print.  Those poppies are over 12" across.
I originally ordered the dogwood to go inside, but it was too big and pretty for a lining.  So I ordered enough stripe to line this one and a smaller version, made with the dogwoods.  Maybe I'll get that done next week.

*****
As I mentioned earlier this week, you all have been so amazing and supportive in wanting to continue on through the summer with Sew & Tell that we are going to keep it going.  The posts will still be found here but I have several volunteers who will share what they are doing so that all I have to do is hit "Publish".  Thank you everyone!!!

Can't wait to see what you've been doing - your turn!

Please refer to the sew & tell page if you have any questions or wonder why your link may have been deleted.
1. Link to your specific post about a sewing related finish you had THIS week.
2. Please mention sew & tell in  your post and link back to this post (link or button) so everyone can join in.
3. Pat each other on the backs in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment