Monday, March 15, 2010

gratuitous fabric shots

I got some fabric in the mail Saturday.  Hawthorne Threads has an amazing web site, and selection, and cost reduction when you buy more fabric!  (you can search by color and when you are looking at a specific piece you can click to find coordinating pieces - so great!)
Amy Butler - August Fields Home Dec
Love.  Not sure what I'm going to do with it.  I bought enough for curtains, or maybe a slipcover?
Amy Butler - Full Moon Dots in Lime, Lotus
Had to stock up.
Laura Gunn - Poppies
I got the stripe to go with the other stuff I bought a few weeks back.

I have also met a new friend.  She's amazingly talented and you should see her stash. I went to her house last week and was impressed!  Oh yea, vintage working sewing machines too.
Heather Ross - VW busses and bicycles
Bolts of this stuff.  No lie.  And when she came to see me last week she gave me some for the baby.

She doesn't blog, but I think she should (hint. hint.)
And she gave my daughter this adorable skirt that she won't take off.  Well, I guess she took it off, since it's on a hanger, but only because it needs to be washed.

You probably think I met her in a quilting group or the fabric store or something.  Nope.  COSTCO.  She commented on my bag.  Asked if I made it, and then what line of fabric it was.  I knew then she was a kindred sewing spirit!  Too bad I'm moving.  We've had so much fun!  She's having surgery this week, so keep a fellow sewing sister in your thoughts/prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment