Friday, March 19, 2010

sew & tell - pot pourri

Remember to click on the Sew & Tell link for information on linking up!


Some bee got in my bonnet this last week.  I got a lot of little things done that I needed to.  I had a baby shower last weekend and I made a hooded towel and attempted a little sleeping gown made from a little baby tee.
It's cute, but I didn't put enough fabric on to gather it up enough to even get a baby in it.  I saw this in a shop and thought I could make it up as I went.  Turns out I need a tutorial.  Anyone know of one?

Next, I fixed this skirt.  I really love it.  But the waistband never worked right for me.  The tutorial said to make a casing and put in ribbon AND elastic, but all I could fit in was the ribbon and then it was forever falling down, making it very hard to keep on.  Plus it was getting too short for her.

So I used the yoke instructions from this pattern I bought in Utah, and was able to give her more length, an elastic waist and another year or two of wear!  So cute.

The other thing I've been wanting to do is make some zipper pouches.  I made some last year, but the book I got the pattern from was the library's and it had been so long that I couldn't remember how to do it!

So what does a girl do?  Google it!  And I found this GREAT tute on Skip to My Lou.  The one from the book required some hand sewing.  This one DOESN'T!  That's a big selling point for me!  :)
So I made one, not sure about the measurements and it's pretty big.  But fits a lot of stuff.

Then I made 2 more, because I had the zippers and the fabric cut - I also made them a tad bit smaller.  And I figured, the more I made at once, the more likely I would be to remember how to do it again!

I wanted one for my bag - because it's cuter than a ziploc and all that chapstick and lip gloss and tylenol and Tums, etc.  can get lost.   These happen to be Nicey Jane too and look great with Vanessa's bag.
My dear friend Allyn, and Sew & Tell participant, is here and we are going to be sewing away today too!  On the docket - some bags.

Don't worry, I did get some organizing/packing in too.  I got out all the newborn baby girl clothes and am getting ready to wash them.  I think the nesting might be kicking in.


*****
Can't wait to see what you've been doing this week!





Your turn!
Please refer to the sew & tell page if you have any questions or wonder why your link may have been deleted.
1. Link to your specific post about a sewing related finish you had THIS week.
2. Please mention sew & tell in  your post and link back to this post (link or button) so everyone can join in.
3. Pat each other on the backs in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment