Tuesday, November 17, 2009

stuff i'm working on

I am still rearranging, straightening up from when I had to move my sewing area when we got the new carpet.  It was a good thing, because I got to move furniture around and make my space more effecient - hopefully.  But it's really been a hinderance in getting much sewing done.  When I made my dress a couple weeks ago my sewing table barely had room to fit my machine, let along the project I was working on too!

fabric for the pillows for my bed - laying on the curtains

The other problem is that I lost my big 'cutting/project' table to the kitchen.  Now we actually eat at our table for every meal.  It's not always guaranteed that it's going to be clean enough, long enough for me to get some good cutting done.  I guess it really means I just have to be better about cleaning up.  Really?  I hate cleaning up!

I spent a good part of yesterday cleaning up and organizing my bins, baskets and sewing area.  I had kind of just thrown things helter skelter to be able to move it in time for the carpet guy.  Now I've got that big mess you get right before things come together.

don't you love all that pompom fringe and huge ric rac?

And unfortunately, today I have to go grocery shopping, which means my morning (my most productive time) will be spent doing that.   At least I'm going to Wegman's.  Which I ♥ so so so very much.

Anyway, all of that to say.  I have A LOT of sewing to do this week!

some bags I'm working on
But that's okay, because I won this Amy Butler Love fat quarter pack last week from The Material Girls and it arrived in the mail last night!


They have the cutest shop that I visited once, unfortunately for me, they are in Utah.  There is a dearth of cute quilt shops here where I live.  But now I have this lovely stack of fabrics for dreaming up new projects!

my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment