Thursday, November 26, 2009

Sew & Tell + Bake/Cook & Tell - Thanksgiving edition!

After licking the beater, the bowl and spatula I was pretty sure this cheesecake was going to be good!  I had looked up recipes and found so many!
Like this one with chocolate chips.
The girls at Our Best Bites added carmeled pecans to theirs.
Of course Paula Deen has a version too (I almost did this one).
and AllRecipes had a marbled version.  (AllRecipes is a great resource for tried and true recipes!)

They are all almost the same base recipe - although a lot of them use a gingersnap crust.  I LOVE gingersnaps!  I ended up using the Pioneer Woman's because it was most like the lime almond cheesecake that I like to make.

PW's version has a layer of caramel sauce on the crust and then again on top of the cheesecake.  While that sounded good - it also sounded a little TOO sugary for me.  I like my cheesecake pretty unadulterated.  So I omitted all of the caramel steps, and followed Paula's lead and added a teaspoon of vanilla to the batter.

I'm not opposed to a little whipped cream though.  And maybe with a few crushed gingersnaps on top.  So much so, that the food stupor I was in after a delicious dinner, made it impossible to remember to take any pictures (PW has a nice one with the recipe though)!  It was good though - especially if you like pumpkin pie flavor, but not the texture of the pie (which I don't)!

Would you like to share a recipe today?  Or maybe you got some sewing done?
Remember:
1. Link to a specific post about a finish you had this week (don't just link to your blog, please!)

2. Mention and link back to this post so more peeps can join in the fun!  Please add a note about sew & tell . Now that we have a button this is super easy - you can just cut and paste the HTML from the link over there on the right sidebar!

3. Enjoy getting motivated and patting each other on the backs in the comments! This is what I find so fun about sew & tell - sharing and inspiring each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment