Wednesday, November 4, 2009

do not disturb - dressmaking in progress


So, I still have to do the facing, the sleeves (AACK! - they look tricky!) and the hem.  Plus I need to take it in quite a bit.  I wasn't sure how it would fit around my ever expanding middle. (I hope it still fits by Friday!)

See that little point on the yoke?  That was WAY more complicated than I thought it would be.  Luckily the gathers kind of draw away from it.  I'm hoping to finish it up tomorrow so I can have pictures up for Friday.  I thought the ball was on Saturday, but found out on Sunday, that no, it's on Friday.  So I really don't have any extra time.

Thanks everyone for your sweet words, encouragement and congratulations from my last post!  You guys really are so nice!  I promise I won't turn this into a maternity/pregnancy blog, but I might share a few tidbits with you here and there.  My due date is early May and we'll have the big ultrsound mid-December.  So expect at least those two updates!  :)

See you on Friday for Sew & Tell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment