Thursday, November 12, 2009

sew & tell v.1.0.10 - or how to procrastinate!

Okay, so I get to cross another one off my list!  This project started over a year ago.  In fact we used it all last winter without it being finished.  So what do you think is under that little flap?

Oh, did you cheat and go look at my list?
 
It's a lovely zipper!

And I even made sure the zipper pull was on the right side.  Unlike the last time I made one of these  (even thought I didn't mention it - I totally put the zipper pull on the inside! aack!).

Honestly, I don't know why it took me so long to sit down and do this.  The actual ironing and sewing didn't take that long.  But I have a history of procrastination.

It did take me a while to find a zipper I thought was big enough.  I ended up using a 36" robe zipper.  This is a king sized duvet - so it needed to be long.  There's a little blurp at one end where I sewed it in, but I don't think anyone will notice.  It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful!  Thank you, Nester!

As for telling you how I did it, I kind of winged it.  It's like doing a side lap zipper on a skirt.  Something like this or this.  I'm just happy it's finished!  Now maybe our duvet will stay put and not slide out the bottom!  Here's a picture of the whole thing if you haven't seen it (Ah yes, the lovely Amy Butler Nigella):


And here's the original post.

I just bought some new blue sheets and now am motivated to get my coordinating pillows finished as well.

Did you join in Jacquie's challenge?  What did you finish this week?  It's time to Sew & Tell!

If you are new here to sew & tell, here are the few short rules:
1. Link to a post about a finish you had this week (don't just link to your blog, please!)  This can be a post from any day this week. Just be sure to. . .

2. Link back to this post so more peeps can join in the fun! If it is a post from earlier in the week, just please add a note about sew & tell . Now that we have a button this is super easy - you can just cut and paste the HTML from over there on the right sidebar! 

3. Enjoy getting motivated and patting each other on the backs in the comments! This is what I find so fun about sew & tell - sharing and inspiring each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment