Friday, November 6, 2009

sew & tell v.1.0.9 - deadlines!

It's finished!! (well - enough - I still have to hem it! Plus I won't be able to post a good picture of it on until someone else is here to take it....)

I have to say, I'm happier with it than I thought I would be.  I was really nervous it was just going to make me look, well, fat.  But it's cute and comfy and that's what counts when you are pregnant and want to eat every last morsel of food on your plate.  :)

The sleeves weren't as bad as I thought they would be.  It's been at least 15 years since I made myself a dress (and I used to do it more than I realized) so a lot of the steps came back.  This was a little different - but it made for a very nice result.


  
It has this pleat all the way down the back.  I considered omitting it, but I kind of like the detail.  I just hope it doesn't pooch too much around my backside, if you know what I mean!


No, I didn't make the shoes, I just had to show them to you.  I bought them in Belgium about 15 years ago.  I walked by them every day on my way home, and unfortunately wasn't great at converting Belge francs to dollars.  I thought they were cheaper than they actually were.  But I figure if I am still getting use out of them this much later, it was totally worth it!  Plus, I love how the flowers echo the embroidery on the fabric.


 Here's a sneak peek- don't worry, I'm going to buy some black pantyhose today to cover up those scary winter legs!  My daughter can't resist a photo op.  Or a princess dress for that matter.  She was asking if we were going to dance at the ball - I didn't break it to her that we won't see Cinderella there.

One other note:  It's really important to link to your POST, not just your blog.  If people come by to check links later and it just goes to your blog, there's no guarantee they will find your sew & tell post if you have posted since then.  If you have any questions, I'm happy to help!!

Remember to get the link to a specific post follow these steps:
Once you have published your post, view your blog.
Click on the title of your post.
Look up in your browser address bar and find the address for that page.  For me it looks like this:  http://www.amylouwho.com/2009/10/sew-v108-another-one-of-those-weeks.html
So basically it's your blog address and then some.

Can't wait to see what you've gotten done! We had a record attendance last week - 30 people!!

If you are new here to sew & tell, here are the few short rules:
1. Link to a post about a finish you had this week (don't just link to your blog, please!)

2. Link back to this post so more peeps can join in the fun! If it is a post from earlier in the week, just please add a note about sew & tell . Now that we have a button this is super easy - you can just cut and paste the html from over there on the right sidebar! 

3. Enjoy getting motivated and patting each other on the backs in the comments! This is the funnest part about sew & tell - sharing and inspiring! 

Oh, and if you post after Friday - make sure to leave me a comment so I know to come see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment