Monday, August 18, 2008

tedium


Oh yes, I thought it would be so much fun AND easy to make some cute bumpers to match the quilt I made for Andrew. Well, really it is pretty easy. But I have to do 24 of these puppies. That's right, 24 - 2 x12" strips pressed with 1/4 seam allowances and then folded in half and pressed again. Ugh, I'm only half-way through and I'm tired of singeing the tips of my fingers! But I can eyeball a 1/4" seam now, NO problem.

I should have invested in some bias tape.

3 comments:

  1. its funny you are talking about your fingers....when I was making my last bag I kept thinking that I needed to buy one of those plastic hand mitts because the tips of my fingers were on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the chocolate brown! his room is going to be oh so handsome! see you fri...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to make that. Seriously. I guess I'm probably in the minority.

    ReplyDelete