Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's an AWARD! A Major Award!

Thanks to a Christmas Story for the title of my post - but my award is not a leg lamp. It's so much cooler!

I'd like to thank the academy of bloggers (also known as Christina one of my new blogger BFFs), my dental hygienists Mollie and Denise for being my first bag customers, my mom for teaching me how to sew and getting me a job at Minnesota Fabrics (remember them?) when I was in high school (she did it for the discount!), and my kids for patiently watching me sew instead of making dinner (surely I jest, they eat!).

And now, for your consideration, seven more bloggerish
people you surely would enjoy visiting:

Old Red Barn Co.
- Dana is one of the nicest people I've met here in blogland. She made a beautiful quilt and gave it away, and then gave me the instructions to make my own, she takes awesome pictures, is creative and is just really nice! Check out her blog - you won't be disappointed. I'm looking forward to the headband tutorial.

Blue Yonder - more awesome photos (of armadillos even)!, muses on life, creative ideas and quite the wordsmith.

house on hill road
- great sewing projects, inspiring and fun! And she helped me out with some label advice!

sewtakeahike
- great crocheting, sewing and tutorials. Again she helped me with some label advice!

Looking In
- She shares a penchant for Amy Butler fabrics. We are kindred spirits, I just know it.

creative little daisy
- She did and impressive extreme makeover on an old glider. She used Amy Butler - I knew I'd like her! She's also done some great tutorials for Sew, Mama, Sew (another site worthy of an award!)

Vanessa Contessa
- A friend of mine obsessed with all things cupcakes and Twilight. In fact she's developed 3 new cupcakes: the Edward, the Jacob and the Bella. She's also an amazing photographer. And she makes me laugh and plays a mean game of Word Twist!

I didn't know any of these people (with the exception of Vanessa) until a couple of weeks ago when my addiction to reading/discovering crafty blogs began. I was pleasantly surprised to receive personal emails or comments from each of them. They answered my questions or just said hi, thanks for stopping by. I had no idea bloggers were so friendly and helpful! So thanks to all of you for making my days a little more interesting and inspiring me to create, be productive and take risks trying new things!

The rules for this are below, but really, do what you want - I won't be hurt if you don't post the award or tag 7 others - just know I think you guys are great! (As are the other 20 or so blogs I've come across recently.)

And now the rules according to someone important:

1.The winner can put the logo on their blog.
2. Link to the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you've nominated.
6. Write an acceptance speech in the style of the Academy Awards, thanking every body's mother, father, sister, brother, aunties and uncles and the kitchen staff at your favorite restaurant!

6 comments:

  1. ::blush:: Thanks so much sweet girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my stinkin' heck!!! How SWEET are you?? Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!

    Your blog is quite inspiring. I love to visit and see what new project your working on. And, your addiction to fabric mirrors my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Amy! I just know we are kindred spirits too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you for this award! Congratulations on selling your first bags, that must be an awesome feeling! So, you work in a dental office? Just like your first two clients, I am a dental hygienist as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Crow! Thanks for the nod. I can't believe it! I've finally responded appropriately on my blog so enjoy!

    Once again, I am very flattered to be among the greats you picked out.

    ReplyDelete