Saturday, August 16, 2008

re-purposing

We are a military family, therefore, we rent.

I'm not happy with the house we are in right now. Well, I should say we totally got started off on the wrong foot. And the Realtor wasn't much help. But we were only going to be here a year, so it didn't really matter. Now we are going on 3 and there might be a4th....

The bathrooms are tiny and outdated and needed some freshening up. I've found white shower curtains can really brighten up a dingy room (the owner is unwilling to paint - and there's 15 different shades of white found around the house - not to mention the 70s blue and gold bath tubs. . .). I found this basket/bag at Michael's and it's made out of an Amy Butler fabric. It was labeled as a scrapbook supply tote. Since we have little storage in the bathrooms I have to keep things on the back of the toilet (we have a cd holder from IKEA in our other bathroom). I thought this would look great! And it does! I found some towels that are the right color green, but no rugs yet. Then the whole room will really look better.

I'm not much of a rebel so to use something for other than its intended purpose makes me feel raucous!

The pictures with flash were too washed out. . . so this one isn't too great, but you get the idea.


Here it is in some natural light. Pretty! I love Amy Butler. Have I mentioned that a few times?

5 comments:

  1. totally cute! Can't wait to see it all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should title your blog "amyloubutler" lol! You did a good job on the makeover

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy Butler has the ability to brighten all spaces!!! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ingenious. i would have never come up with that brilliant use!

    ReplyDelete