Friday, November 12, 2010

sew & tell - sew sweetness

I was hoping to share my mock up top from my ball gown but yesterday was a lot of drama with the little people at my house and I  haven't gotten to the sleeves yet.  I've been posting pictures on my facebook page if you are interested.  I really like the way the ruffle looks!

So instead of me...

I'm so excited to feature Sara of Sew Sweetness today! Not just because she's super-talented, but there's a great story behind how we 'met'.  Remember my friend Kim (who doesn't blog) who I met at Costco and gave me all the awesome Heather Ross fabric?  Well - she and Sara are cloth diaper exchange friends and Kim suggested Sara and I become friends on facebook! She has just recently started blogging and does great pattern reviews.  And every Thursday from now until Christmas she announces a new pattern giveaway for the week!  Go check out this week's Amy Butler pattern giveaway!

One of her first sew & tell posts was this awesome dress she made for the Amy Butler challenge.
Then a few weeks later she decided to make her first quilt from the fabrics in her unfinished project drawer.  Here's a sneak peek at the loveliness:


And this week she is sharing this lovely bag:
Which was inspired by another sew & teller! Go read about it and see if it was you!

Thanks Sara, for being such an awesome addition to our sew & tell community!

There is a slight change to the linking rules about your own tutorials - please read!
What did you finish this week?

NEW RULES FOR LINKING UP!  Please read carefully.  The delete monster will be eating non-compliant links.
1. Please write the post for sew & tell - or add a blurb mentioning sew & tell to a post written earlier in the week.  If you are linking to a post with your own tutorial, please make sure it was a finish from this week and that the completed project is shown first.
2. One linky per person. (please put multiple projects in one post.)
3. Link to your specific post.  (See here for permalink instructions - or email me.)
4. Link back here with a link or a button.
5. Comment away!

No comments:

Post a Comment