Monday, November 22, 2010

notes, sew & tell holiday schedule, and other stuff

Thank you so much everyone on your sweet comments Friday for my dress!  I learned a painful lesson, which is, late nights don't agree with me anymore.  Luckily, I won't have to do this again for a while. Next year mr.louwho (not so luckily) will be deployed - so I won't have to go to the ball.  And in 2 years, no one will remember that I wore that dress so I can wear it again.  Hopefully by then I'll need to take it in.  I'll feel much better about altering something that I made myself.  So that means I won't have to make a new dress for 3 years!  Whew.  Glad I did it.  And now I'm ready to do something a little less taxing without a deadline.

Like some little girl's skirts.  Or finish up a quilt.

Have you heard about Amy's Challenge she has once a month?
Amy's Creative Side
One Monday (today) she posts the challenge - to focus on one project for the week and link up your finish the following  Monday.  Make a comment on today's post with your goal and then link up your finish the next Monday!  I'm going to figure out what I'm going to do this week and participate!  I encourage all of you sew & tellers to join in too.  Sew & Tell is going to be on Thanksgiving break this week and will return on December 3.  So this is a good challenge to do in the meantime!

About sew & tell and December -  I've decided that I really want to enjoy the holidays this year and simplify my commitments.  December 3rd will be our last sew & tell until January.   I figure most of you will be busy sewing gifts you can't reveal yet or busy with parties, decorating and the other business of the season.  Let's all take a little breather and enjoy it.  Remembering to step away from our digital tethers and enjoy our families and our friends.

On December 3rd there will be a sponsored giveaway from Randi (a fellow sew & teller) of Fresh Squeezed Fabrics.  She's still deciding what to give away but the things she's mentioned already make me wish I could enter.  Two words: FABRIC BUNDLE.  Two more: NEW LINE.  Be sure to comment that day for one entry and link up for another!

And you should know she has a sale that ends today on all Christmas prints!  I just ordered Happy Zombies Holiday Happy for some cute Christmas stockings and buntings!

On January 7 we'll resume sew & tell with a Christmas/Holiday gift reveal linky party!  You will be able to show off all the sewing you did in December! It will be our normal sew & tell on STEROIDS.  Get ready!  It will be a good way to pass a dreary January day.


Sew & Tell Schedule:
November 26 (THIS Friday) - No sew & tell
November 30 - Amy's One Thing, One Week Challenge
December 3 - Last sew & tell for 2010 + fabric giveaway
January 7 - December gift sewing sew & tell

*****
I forgot to show you the note I found after pinksuedeshoe, Pink - as I like to call her, posted that lovely and hilarious cartoon rendition of my week.  I think it explains my internet 'outage'.
*****
You all are amazing!  Thanks for being such loyal, fun bloggy friends!  I'm thankful for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment