Monday, November 8, 2010

ten apples up on top!

I love that children's book - do you remember it? I've been on an apple craze lately.

I made 6 pints of apple butter early last week and then got in pie filling mode at the end of the week and finished it off with a little applesauce.

canning-apples

l-r: 1. apples ready for prep 2. I love my apple peeler/corer! 3. awaiting the syrup 4. ready to eat 5. my super helper making a magnifying glass out of a ring and the magnetic lid grabber.


It's so satisfying to look at all those apples all pretty in their jars. Some will be pies made for us.  Some will be gifts for neighbors and friends.

We've already eaten one jar of filling with vanilla yogurt and homemade coconut almond granola.  Then we had some of the applesauce on gingerbread cake.  And just in case you were wondering, baking soda is REALLY important in cake.  Unless you want gingerbread fudge as mr.louwho called it.  Ooops!

Now I should probably stop procrastinating that dress I need to make.

PS - Maggie made an appearance on Penny's blog, sewtakeahike,  the other day.  I'm with Penny, I love all you lovely bloggy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment