Thursday, November 4, 2010

extra! extra! this just in...

Do you want to see a sneak peek slide show of Amy Butler's new line?  It's pretty awesome!

*****

I had grand plans to get a lot accomplished last week, but mostly I cleaned bedding, floors, towels, toilets, etc.  Clingy babies make for a messy house, a lot of laundry, and a lot of T.V.  It's okay though, they aren't always this needy snuggly.  Plus it gave me the luxury of wearing my sweatpants!  Although, it put me behind the curve ball in getting a few sewing projects started.

*****
Everyone was mostly better for Halloween so we had some fun getting pumpkins:
Carving said pumpkin:

Trick-or-Treating:

and eating some yummy yummy Mulligatawny soup.
Did I say yummy?!

*****
I don't know if you remember last year when I scrambled to get a dress together to wear to the Marine Corps Birthday Ball.  I was, what, 4 months pregnant?  That was tricky.  Well, it's ball season again and I'm crazy enough to try another one.  My biggest problem is that I procrastinate in the WORST way when I am trying something new.  And it's in TWO weeks.

So this is the pattern I'm using.

But no, I can't just do one straight off the pattern.  I'm going to do the side gathered top (C), and add sleeves (E) which I will chop off at the elbow.  And then I think I'll add a ruffle around the neckline.  Just because.

I bought a bunch of muslin so I can do a mock up to make sure it fits and I don't ruin my real fabric.  I'm getting all panicky just typing about it.  I do have the pattern pieces cut out...

******
I'd rather be finishing this:
some of the quilting...

or starting work on these two quilts:
DSC_2846blog


for my boy

But I'll probably put off those too.  Anyone else do that?  Anyone have an antidote?

No comments:

Post a Comment