Friday, October 29, 2010

LOVE-ing the blogger's quilt festival!

Amy's Creative Side - Blogger's Quilt Festival

I really wish I had been able to finish the quilt I had planned to share today, buuuuuut, it wasn't in the cards.  Too many sick people and too little sleep do not a happy sewer make.  So here's my latest quilt finish.
requisite folded pic
I love the Blogger's Quilt Festival and so I thought I only appropriate to share my recently completed LOVE baby quilt for my sweet new little girl.
LOVE, the quilt
This is the first quilt that I really did all by myself.  I feel like I finally have enough (even though it's still limited) experience to have made all the decisions and do all the work on this beauty.  Like doing the window pane quilting.
favorite shot
I fell more and more in love (pun sort of intended) with this line the more I worked with it.  I have a rather large stack of leftovers that I'm excited to use - I may or may not have bought more of some of my favorites.  And then used them to complete her bedding.
Love's friends take 3+quilt
And I've learned to really enjoy hand stitching down a pretty binding. Polka dots in the case. When has Amy Butler NOT made a cute dot print? Never. That's right.
Binding
I loved working on this quilt. It was my major project during my last few months of pregnancy, and I was able to finish it up shortly after I had the baby and moved. It was really nice to work on it while dreaming of what my new little one would be like. And again, I love that the LOVE line was used for my newest love.

No comments:

Post a Comment