Monday, December 21, 2009

snowed in!

Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes for my little one last week - and your kind comments.  I worry about what to share sometimes, but I like to share what's on my mind - and well, my experience with that first pregnancy is always on my mind this time of year - especially this year as I'm pregnant again.  So thanks - I love this wonderfully supportive blogging community and the friends I've made here!

While we're on the subject of babies, look at what I found at Costco, in a newborn size!


Yep, that's right!  Another girl!  I can't wait to start making baby quilts!  I already have 3 in mind!!

Maybe a sawtooth star with Tula Pink's Hushabye?  Or a coin quilt with Chez Moi's Swanky?  or a Pinwheel with something else as equally adorable - like that Amy Butler Love I won!?  Oh the possibilities...
*****
You may have heard about a little storm we had here on the east coast.  We got 18" of snow in 24 hours at my house.  Not that unusual if I were still living in Utah, but I'm in Virginia!!  They are reporting this as the biggest storm in the DC area since 1922!  Crazy!

My kids loved it! Especially eating it.

 *****
It's kind of nice getting snowed in!  I had a lot of time to get some baking, cleaning and sewing done!  I got the Paisley Garden Mini Sig. finished!
 
I tweaked it a little from the last time, and I really like it!  It's a bit bigger and taller with a wider base. 
 
I put in a light green zipper and lined it with a bubble gum pink linen.  I really like the solid interior and printed pocket.
  
I finally got some new labels made with my awesome new printer (that actually will print on things other than regular copy paper!  Cardstock and Lollychops here I come!)  I used dear Penny's tutorial for making these. 


Here she is with her big sister - the Paisley Garden Signature bag.  And I think I like this print in a smaller dose....

I think I need to go make myself one of these little beauties right now!
*****
The mini-me dress is almost finished.  Church was cancelled Sunday, so I didn't rush to finish it.  She loves it - I just hope I will still be able to fit into mine by the end of the week!

*****
Don't forget Natalia's Homespun Holidays show and tell!  I need to go link up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment