Monday, December 14, 2009

gingerbread house overload

Last week was a little crazy!  We had so much going on.  But one thing we finally did was get the decorations on the tree!  I had the help of several little elves, not over 3 ft. tall.  This is what happens when they help:


I call it the ornament belt.  If it wasn't weighting the branches down so much, I might have left it!  Oh and those cute little present ornaments?  They just couldn't stand not knowing what was inside.... oh well.  Presents were meant to be opened, right?

And what tree is complete without a S'more Man?
This ornament is an antique, I'm sure.  I remember putting it on our tree as a kid.  She reminds me of the claymation Christmas movies!

*****
If it weren't for good friends who help me out so much my daughter never would have had the chance to make her first "gingerbread" house!
I was out getting the last few things for another gingerbread activity I was in charge of that night, while they did this!

I was completely stressed out prepping for about 20 teenagers to make houses too - but I was totally happy with how everything ended up working out.  They had a lot of fun and were so creative!  I mean really, check it out!




Two castles and a mansion complete with Hershey's kiss bell tower!

*****
We had a great showing for Sew & Tell on Friday!  I'm still working on last weeks posts - I promise I'll get to them!  I have a 4 year old's birthday party to plan for tomorrow and a few more other things to get done this week.  I really need to get some sewing done!  Would you be shocked to know I have another bag to make?  Are you sick of seeing my bags yet?  I also have a dress to make for my daughter....

What are you planning on sharing this Friday?  Remember this is our last one until after the first of the year!  And then we'll have a gift reveal extravaganza!!

No comments:

Post a Comment