Friday, December 11, 2009

sew & tell - another bag!

Do you ever have those weeks where you feel like your schedule is barreling down on you like a tailgating semi?  Well, that's what I've felt like recently!  I actually finished this bag Monday morning - I was on a roll after my bag finish from last week.  Unfortunately, I haven't gotten anything sewn that I meant to the rest of this week.  And I have several blog posts I wanted to share, but are still in my head....

I spent most of my week planning a big activity for the teenagers at church to have a gingerbread house building contest.  I spent most of my time tracking down candy and making royal icing.  It turned out to be really fun, for which I am glad, but I spent all day Thursday recuperating.  And I haven't been through my blog reader practically all week!

This bag is for my SIL who just had her third baby and 1st girl.  She picked this fabric out when she was here last spring, and I finally got it finished!  Now, to get it in the mail.  Always a challenge!

dang it! something just happened and this got published before I finished writing it! Anyway.....

This is the dahlia print from Sandi Henderson's Farmer's Market line.  I just love it!

Medallion bloom on the inside - One of my all-time favorite prints.  It's so cute in orange.  I've started using grosgrain ribbon for the key hooks.  Not only is it faster, it feels a little sturdier and is fun to find matching colors or polka dots!


*****
For the time being, I think we will keep Sew & Tell on Fridays.  It was kind of split, and the button says Friday right on it, so we'll just leave it alone for now.  Thanks for your enthusiasm for this weekly get together!  I really enjoy it as well.

Your turn to share your finishes from this week!!
Please follow these guidelines (links will be deleted otherwise)
1. Link to your specific post (email me if you have questions about that.)
2. Please mention us here and link back to this post so everyone can join in.
3. Pat each other on the backs in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment