Wednesday, December 16, 2009

4? really?

It was four years ago yesterday that our first baby joined us!  It was somewhat stressful time as I was really sick but didn't know just HOW sick.  I was grateful for an induction and epidural!

Because I had never been pregnant before, I didn't know that how I felt the last month was anything other than normal pregnancy sickness.  Little did I know I was on track for a 2 week stay at the hospital after she was born.

Here she is visiting me - if you look closely you can see my lovely bruised up arms (from so many blood draws) and skeletal wrists.  In addition to the weight you lose inherent to having a baby I lost another 20+ pounds in a couple weeks.  Not really my recommended post-partum weight loss program.


I'll spare you most of the details (mostly because I can't think too much about it without getting teary) but in short, 10 days after she was born I was taken to the ER with a blood pressure of 180/130, had two post-partum eclamptic seizures, a blood clot in one of my ovarian veins and a small stroke in my left ear.

1 year
The good news is that my baby was fine.  She has been so healthy!  I have mostly recovered, I mean, I'm fully functional and have gone on to have one more healthy pregnancy and delivery (and hoping for the same this time around).  It was a totally crazy experience, and every time I tell a doctor about my  history they give me a look like, "and you're still here?"  and I reply, "I'm not making this up!"

2 years
She is such a fun, spunky little girl.   And is constantly saying and doing funny things.

The big 3!
She is a great big sister and loves being with her friends.  Right now she's definitely into dress up and other girly things.  And she's convinced she's getting a baby sister this spring. We'll find out tomorrow!


I love my pretty in pink girl!  I'm so honored to be her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment