Friday, October 30, 2009

sew&tell v.1.0.8. - another one of those weeks

Oh how I wish I could tell you that this lovely is mine, all mine.


photo courtesy of sewtakeahike
But it's not.  It's the lovely and talented Penny's of Sewtakeahike.  This was her big finish for the week and I am so impressed with what she's done here.  This is not your ordinary string quilt!  It took planning, a lot of sewing, and a few hiccups along the way.  But it is absolutely gorgeous!  Please go and see her finish post here.  And then tell her how awesome she is and that she should send the quilt to me that you have really clean teeth (wha??? When she's not sewing up awesomeness she moonlights as a dental hygenist!)

I think it is so cool that this is all made from scraps that she aquired from her bloggy friends!  I'd like to think that orange Amy Butler lotus lily pad you can see there is some I sent her, but I can't remember.  Penny and I forged our little bloggy friendship last year when I offered to send her some hot pepper jelly and we started swapping and emailing and chatting.  I'm so happy to count her among my imaginary bloggy friends!

On a related note:  Penny is also the mastermind behind the FMFF blog - if you love Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy line you must go check it out.  If you aren't sure what the hype is all about, well then, check out, another dear imaginary bloggy friend's (Dana) finish this week with her lovely FMF wonky log cabin quilt.  Dana, you rock!

I'm sorry I'm not setting a good example (again) by not having anything to share this week.  I'm feeling bad, but I'm also sick (again), my hubby has been out of town all week (again!), and things have just been super busy.  BUT, I do have that dress to finish for next week.  No getting out of that one!  And I have something else 'cooking' that I'll fill you in on later.  It will explain A LOT.

Can't wait to see what you've gotten done! (p.s.  Thanks to all of you who are linking up!  I just realized there are some people who have linked up since I last looked - sorry I didn't get around to commenting sooner!)

If you are new here to sew & tell, here are the few short rules:
1. Link to a post about a finish you had this week (don't just link to your blog, please!)

2. Link back to this post so more peeps can join in the fun! If it is a post from earlier in the week, just please add a note about sew & tell . Now that we have a button this is super easy - you can just cut and paste the html from over there on the right sidebar!

3. Enjoy getting motivated and patting each other on the backs in the comments! This is the funnest part about sew & tell - sharing and inspiring! 

Oh, and if you post after Friday - make sure to leave me a comment so I know to come see you!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment