Friday, October 9, 2009

blogger's quilt festival - fall 2009

I had a hard time deciding what quilt to show.  Really I haven't completed THAT many and the ones that I have completed are pretty simple.  I chose this one for sentimental reasons.


I made this quilt for my baby (who will be 2 in January).  I was just happy I got it finished before his 1st birthday.

I picked out these fabrics for a pinwheel quilt my mom and I were going to make for me.  I wanted a queen sized quilt, so I had A LOT of fabric. Since that plan was hatched about 10 years ago, my tastes have changed a bit.  I didn't really want a blue and yellow quilt now.  But hey!  Perfect for a baby boy!




And with that much fabric I was able to make FOUR of these and give the other 3 to several dear friends who were also having baby boys around the same time!  I love that our boys all have the same blanket to love.

I strip-pieced this so I didn't have to cut out any individual squares.  That made it super easy and efficient when making 4 of them!



My aunt Mary did the quilting on her long arm and it's just a cute all-over stipple (next festival I plan on having a quilt I've quilted myself!)

Thanks for visiting and thanks Amy for hosting this great festival!!

My little guy just came up to the computer and saw this picture and shouted out "Blankie!!" as only an almost 2 year old can do.  I'm so glad he loves it and that it's HIS blankie.

No comments:

Post a Comment