Thursday, October 15, 2009

sew & tell v.1.0.6

I was a little worried about sew & tell on a week like this.  A week where there was really no sewing at all.  I've pondered all sorts of things to show you or to talk about, something so I wouldn't come off as being lazy and not getting anything done!  Well, sometimes life just gets in the way.   So, I've decided on weeks like this, I'll have to just feature some of you on here!

Today I wanted to show off the darling bag my sister-in-law Laura made.  It's a holiday-themed take on the Amy Butler Birdie Sling.



You'll have to head over to her blog to see the candy corns on the inside and read about her love of Halloween.

What I wanted to say about Laura is that she is amazing!  This is her first real sewing project, and she did such a great job!  I wish I could take credit for holding her hand through the whole thing and showing her the ropes - but alas, she lives in San Diego and I'm in Virginia.  All I could do was field questions over the phone.  But really, she didn't need me.  She's one smart cookie and I'm so proud of her!!  I'm sure she'd love some bloggy love - you know what to do!

Can't wait to see what you more-productive-than-me people have been doing the last two weeks.  Remember, you can post from the last two weeks, you can even put up two links if you have more posts to show!

If you are new here to sew & tell, here are the few short rules:
1. Link to a post about a finish you had this week (don't just link to your blog, please!)

2. Link back to this post so more peeps can join in the fun! If it is a post from earlier in the week, just please add a note about sew & tell . Now that we have a button this is super easy - you can just cut and paste the html from over there on the right sidebar!

3. Enjoy getting motivated and patting each other on the backs in the comments! This is the funnest part about sew & tell - sharing and inspiring!


No comments:

Post a Comment