Friday, October 2, 2009

sew & tell v.1.0.5 or friendship bag swap



simply square button

I just barely finished up my little friendship bag for the swap that's due on Tuesday.  Rachel, of P.S. I Quilt and Moda Bakeshop, wrote a great little tutorial for it.

I'm warning you now though, don't make one if you can't resist small adorable little bags.  You will want to make a million more!!

When I realized I could use my Hushabye (Tula Pink) charm pack and some extra yardage I had I was so excited!  I think it's adorable!  And I  really don't want to send it away.



This is my first attempt at free-motion quilting.  I hope my partner doesn't notice (or care).  It's a little, um, shall we say..... wonky?


But I really love how quilting blends all the different prints together.  And how about the inside?  The stripe in this collections is SO striking.


I even patchworked the handles from four of the leftover charms.


All in all a fun little bag and I see more in my future.  Perfect for hanging on someone's doorknob with a little treat inside!

Now that she helped me model it (so you can see how little it is) she doesn't want to get rid of it either!  So, off to the post office.  (That's a chore in and of itself!)

Now it's your turn!  What did you do this week?
Please follow the sew & tell rules below.

1. Link to a post about a finish you had this week (don't just link to your blog, please!)

2. Link back to this post so more peeps can join in the fun! If it is a post from earlier in the week, just please add a note about sew & tell . Now that we have a button this is super easy - you can just cut and paste the html over on the right sidebar!

3. Enjoy getting motivated and patting each other on the backs in the comments! This is the funnest part about sew & tell - sharing and inspiring!

I will be gone a good part of the day, but I promise I'll come see you when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment