Friday, September 25, 2009

sew & tell v. 1.0.4. or blogging = accountability


I have to say, if I hadn't told you all on Monday that I would have my bird quilt top done by today, I don't know if I would have made it! So thanks to you for keeping me from procrastinating. I haven't been feeling quite well, but I managed to get it done.




I really like it! But I'm still unsure if it's giving the effect that I wanted. In fact, I'm counting this as a finish because of all the work that has gone into it - but, I may add a dark border around the whole thing, so that it really looks like a window in a wall, looking out into a tree full of birds. Here's a close-up of the window panes.

window pane insets

Any thoughts on another border? I'm going to bind it in a red and white polka dot (why yes, the Amy Butler dots, of course!)

And just for fun, this is how I hung it. I really wish I had an honest-to-goodness clothesline.

my makeshift clothesline


Are you ready to share your finishes and accomplishments from this week?! We are all ready to see them! Please follow the sew & tell rules below.

1. Link to a post about a finish you had this week (don't just link to your blog, please!)
2. Link back to this post so more peeps can join in the fun! If it is a post from earlier in the week, just please add a note about sew & tell. Now that we have a button this is super easy - you can just cut and paste the html in the sidebar.


3. Enjoy getting motivated and patting each other on the backs in the comments! This is the funnest part about sew & tell - sharing and inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment