Thursday, September 3, 2009

sew-n-tell! v. 1.0.1

I think last week was a good start to something fun!  I hope that everyone was motivated to finish something up this week!  I actually was reminded early Thursday that I needed to get something finished up for this post!  How embarrassing - and motivating.  I love knowing that I'm working towards a goal with lots of other people - so thanks! 
 
I have to admit, I didn't get as many things finished by today as I wanted to.  I did finish up another pillow (actually it was the one in the tutorial) but I thought you might be tired of pillows!  (Although, if my sister-in-law comes over today to finish up hers I may just have to share it.  It's REALLY cute. Two words: Limeade Damask.)
I did however, get this curtain hemmed and installed.  Are you wondering what's behind the curtain?  Are you?
I'm sorry, I'm not going to show you.  But let me leave it at this:  I have two toddlers and their playroom/my sewing room/our computer room/ pantry are behind here.  It is the hardest room in the house (besides the kitchen) to keep straightened up.  That's why I've named it - The Vanity Curtain.

This picture was taken from my front door. So you can imagine the first thing people saw when they walked into my house, was not the awesome fabric on my walls to the left and usually straightened living room, but the ugly rental carpet and strewn toys and fabric scraps.  NOT pretty.  A smarty-pants friend of mine suggested I put up a curtain in the doorway - and I was glad I already had this fabric earmarked for curtains!   I really like it and hope it steers my friends into the comfy living room and not our mess!

If you want to participate in Sew-N-Tell today here are the rules:
1. Link to a post about a finish you had this week (don't just link to your blog, please!)
2. Link back to this post so more peeps can join in the fun!
3. Enjoy getting motivated and patting each other on the backs in the comments!

Thanks for playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment