Friday, September 18, 2009

sew & tell v. 1.0.3


Hello! I have been recovering all week from our little getaway.

Lake Habeeb - Rocky Gap State Park, Maryland
I got to catch up on some sleep and that's all I've been wanting to do since I got back!  I hope you are all ready to go for sew & tell!  (yes amy, that means you.  and you too!)

I panicked a little last night when I realized I hadn't touched my sewing machine all week and needed something to post today!

Then I remembered a quick little project that I had been putting off - The Undercover Crate, by the lovely and talented Laura Gunn.  Who I wish I knew (does it count that I know someone, who's sister knows her?  I know, how very Ferris Bueller of me.).

I've been following her blog for a while and was pleased to see that we have the same taste in spray paint.  You will enjoy looking around her blog.  She's got great style.  I just ordered some of her debut line, Lantern Bloom, and I cannot wait to get it!

Anyway, back to sew & tell!  I have a big plan for my bedroom, involving several prints from Amy Butler's Nigella collection.  I made a duvet cover about a year ago.  I ♥ it so much!  When I first bought the fabric I didn't have any idea what else I was going to do.   But it's been evolving into a pillow, duvet, fabric wall art extravaganza!  Expect more to come.

Our nightstands are a bit of the problem in the reading material storage area.  So I bought some ugly crates and decided to try out Laura's tutorial.

I think I'm in love!

And here it is in it's new home:



It's just a small piece of the overall vision, but I can't wait to finish up the rest!  I need to go make the cover for my side now!  This tutorial was SUPER easy and took less than an hour (easily).


Are you ready to share your finishes and accomplishments from this week?!  I'm ready to see them! Please follow the sew & tell rules below.

1. Link to a post about a finish you had this week (don't just link to your blog, please!)
2. Link back to this post so more peeps can join in the fun!  If it is a post from earlier in the week, just please add a note about sew & tell.
3. Enjoy getting motivated and patting each other on the backs in the comments!  This is the funnest part about sew & tell - sharing and inspiring!




No comments:

Post a Comment