Monday, September 7, 2009

crazy dreams

I've been having some crazy dreams again lately.  The other night I dreamed I was working on my bird quilt for my quilting bee, A Notion or Two.  
For some reason I had quilted the back to the batting and was going to put the top on after.  Don't ask me why I was doing it that way....  Anyway, when I went to put the together the back was tiny and I didn't have enough fabric to fix it!  It was really more like a nightmare.

I guess it might be that dream that spurred me onto working on the top.  I have had the blocks mostly finished, a couple needed a little tweaking, plus I needed to add some mitered corners for the shading I was trying.  They've been lurking in the wings not getting done because of my apprehension to do something I didn't know how to do exactly.  Silly me.  Once I sat down and finished them it took no time at all.  
And I think they look pretty good!  Thanks Amy for a great tutorial!

Since I took these pictures, I have the top sashed.  I need to add some more borders and then it will be ready to quilt.  That is, once I have the back figured out.  I'll have to be sure I have enough fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment