Sunday, June 14, 2009

a quilt for baby grant

My good friend just had another baby boy. I was excited to try something new in terms of a baby quilt. Now that I know how to properly use my walking foot and machine quilt in a straight line.
And I wanted to get my hands on some JUMBO ric rac! I was excited to find out she was decorating his room in green and brown - with monkeys!!

And I can't really help myself when it comes to stripey bindings!! If at all possible, it must be done!


I feel like doing a tutorial - is anyone interested in one for this quilt? It's super simple! And I did learn a few things. Like:
  • Put the ric rac on right before you sew the binding on, after you have quilted, otherwise the ends fray so much they may not fit into the binding. I guess you could just use fray check on them too., but that would require some foresight. Which I seem to be lacking lately.
  • Disappearing ink markers are great for marking quilt lines - but do it right before you sew, or you they may dissappear!
  • If you think you have used too many pins to baste, you haven't. ADD MORE.
*****
Thanks for the nice comments on my photos and entering them into the photography show. Bad news is, they decided they had too many entries and by the time we got our forms in they had stopped accepting them. Oh well, one less thing to worry about! I'll try again next year.

*****
I'm really excited about my quilt along quilt - but I'm resisting the urge to post the photo of the blocks laid out. I really want to show it once the top is all sewn up! It's cute. I promise.

*****
I am really excited about an etsy order I made. Amy is a friend of mine and I'll tell you more about it all when it comes. So stay tuned! There may just be something in it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment