Tuesday, June 2, 2009

a notion or two - may block

I think I'm addicted to wonder under. If given an opportunity to put an applique on a quilt block - I think I've taken it.


Mommymae's quilt this month is for her little boy who loves robots and the like. I hope the rocket is in line with the theme. In my attempt to be artistic it may not have the same pop as I had hoped for - but I didn't have many boy prints to choose from that fit the color scheme. The flame is half of a dahlia from the Farmers Market line!

*****
My sewing (and sometimes eating) table is full of fun things while my mom is here.

I'm pretty impressed we've been as productive as we have. I expect things to decrease dramatically when she leaves.

*****
I had the funniest dream last night. Actually it was this morning. When I WENT BACK TO SLEEP at 7 am because my saintly mother got up with the kids for me. ahhhhh, bliss.

Anyway, we had moved into a new rental and the owners were showing us around and had left a bunch of things there for us to use - like baby stuff and some furniture. Then I was checking out the basement and walked by a gleaming beautiful extended arm sewing machine! And then around the corner were 3 more! It took me a minute to process that I was going to have access to these machines and then I started hyperventilating I was so excited!! I then found out the owner had an etsy shop and made cute headbands and scarves to sell.

I think I've been reading to many blogs.

Or maybe there is a new sewing machine in my future. Or a house I like!

One can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment