Friday, March 9, 2012

sew & tell v3.22 - a first for summer

Hello Friday and Welcome to Sew & Tell!  I haven't finished anything particularly new or exciting this week but my friend Summer has!!  She completed her first 2 quilts and did such an awesome job I asked her to come share them today!

Summer is one of those bubbly, fun, genuine people that you want to be friends with.  And she's super talented to boot.  She paints, and draws, and quilts and works with paper - she's amazing!  You'll have a lot of fun discovering her blog!

I'm going to start closing comments on guest sew & tell posts so you can head straight over to the guest's blog to leave some comment love! 

*****
Hey there! I'm Summer of Artfulife. Amy was sweet enough to ask me to share my first quilts I've ever made on her blog for sew & tell.

Amy & I have been bloggy friends for a few years now & I'm so happy I finally had the chance to meet her this past year at the Sewing Summit. She is as awesome in "real life" as she is on her blog. Amy is actually on my list of people that inspired me to start quilting in the first place.

I come from a background of art. I attended Ringling School of Art & Design where I majored in Fine Art Painting with a minor in Printmaking. I always loved sewing & fabric but never really felt that quilting was something I could do. Amy was one of people that made me feel I could do it. Thanks Amy for paving the way! I'm now totally hooked!

image via Artfulife
 *****
Thanks Summer!  One of the things she failed to mention was that not only were these her first quilts, but she designed them herself!  If I remember correctly she got the scottie dog blocks from a friend and was asked to turn them into quilts.  She did a remarkable job!  You want to go see them now don't you?!

I purposely only showed a teaser shot so you can head over and see the rest of the pictures! And leave her your comments there!

Here's a few more posts to see some of her awesome work:
Granny Squares
Christmas Table Runners
Tooth Fairy Pillow Tutorial (you may remember these from a previous sew & tell)
Owl Mini Quilt (YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!! CUTE OVERLOAD!)




Your turn to share ~ Show us what you've got finished!
Linky Rules.  Please follow along for a fun party!

1. Please write the post for sew & tell - or add a blurb mentioning sew & tell to a post written since the last sew & tell.  If you are linking to a post with your own tutorial, please make sure it was a finish from this week and that the completed project is shown first.
2. One linky per person. (please put multiple projects in one post.)
3. Link to your specific post.  (See here for permalink instructions - or email me.)
4. Link back here with a link or a button (HTML on my sidebar).
5. Be sure to visit and leave comments on other's posts!

Please put your (blog)name instead of your project name, it helps us get to know each other better!

No comments:

Post a Comment