Monday, March 5, 2012

modern mini challenge!

Modern Mini Challenge 
It's no secret that I love minis ever since I attended the Sewing Summit. I was really excited when I saw Jennifer's Modern Mini Challenge!

 I had 3 minis in progress and knew I needed to finish one of them to enter. The prizes are pretty awesome!

I was out of town all weekend and neglected to bring some hand sewing (ie: binding) with me so I just finished sewing this binding down on the machine. It's a rushed job and I should probably go back and fix it. We'll see.

This mini was conceived before Christmas when I was making the large star quilt for a gift. I didn't know how I wanted to place my fabrics so I cut out a bunch of little 3.5" squares to play around with.

This was one of the layouts I came up with. And now it's breathes life as a cute little mini! Finished size: 12.5" x 12.5"
DSC_0523

I love free motion quilting mini quilts. They move around so easily and it takes all of 5 minutes. I just did some loop-de-loops on this one.
modern mini entry closeup

Thanks Jennifer for a fun party/challenge. Can't wait to check out the other entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment