Tuesday, March 20, 2012

sewing space spring cleaning! ready for a challenge?

I struggle with keeping my sewing space neat and orderly. Raise your hand if you know what I'm talking about.

Okay, now that we all know we're not alone... (right?)  I'll share an embarrassing picture, again.  I've done this before...

This is my former computer desk that was converted into my sewing desk.  It's too big, too open and too easily cluttered.  Plus it took up TOO much room in my sewing space and blocked the only wall in the room (it's the attached sunroom).  I decided after getting my new (to me) sewing cabinet that I needed to get rid of this desk.  I finally figured out that I need a small sewing desk and a big work table (i.e. my dining room table).
I had a friend who had expressed interest in buying my desk if I ever wanted to sell.  She's far more organized than me and I was happy to let her have it.  Open shelving and my "organizing style", or lack thereof, do not mix!


When I texted her she said she could pick it up the next day!  I had to get busy.  This desk is so alluring when it's all cleaned off!!

And now I have all this free space and room to move!  And a bunch of stuff to figure out where it goes. 

Go take a picture of your sewing space RIGHT now.  In it's current state.  Let's clean up together!  I am working out the details, but we will have a before and after sewing space spring cleaning sew & tell in a few weeks!  And I'm working on prizes, and a button, like I said.  The details. 

Stay tuned!  And really get a good before photo - you'll love seeing the difference a little cleaning up can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment