Tuesday, September 28, 2010

the post you've all been waiting for.

I know nothing I write up here will be read - but I wanted to thank you all for the lovely comments.  It was so fun to read about so many dear sewing memories!  Okay, fine.... I'll get on with it.

Ohhhh, can you stand the suspense??  Drumroll....

1. The winner (chosen via random.org) from those who linked to receive the the swing bag and cabo halter patterns, and 3 yards of Amy Butler fabric from The Material Girls Quilts is...

#18 Vickie and her Birdie Sling!


For the next two I started counting from the linkers and then into the commenters.  So comment #1 was entry #48... a little confusing I know! (47 + 87 = 134 total entries)
2. The winner of  the Birdie Sling pattern and a $25 gift certificate from Fabricworm is...


#61 (47 +14 = 61)
Jenn said...


I am *almost* finished with my tote/library bag made with Amy Butler fabrics...but not quite yet. I'll have to try to get it finished. :) Ok, sewing memories. Let's see: My [LEAST] favorite sewing memory is when I ran my needle through my finger a couple of weeks ago. But the best has been seeing my daughter get excited when I have something new for her ~ she doesn't care that I'm just learning/teaching myself to sew...she loves the pretty fabrics and loves that Mommy made it. :)
3. The winner of the laptop cover and mp3 case pattern is...



#7 Emily!  With the pretty pink and brown quilt!

This new linky tool has a page for me to see how many times a link is viewed.  I chose winners of the next prizes according to views.

4. For having the most views on her linky, the winner of the diamond bouquet quilt pattern from Chasing Cottons is...
The Daisy Chain Skirt (#2) Allyn!  She had the most views of any other linky!















5.  For being 2 and 3 in number of linky views, the winners of the headbands are...

and

6.

And E. at pinksuedeshoe made another darling pumpkin to giveaway to someone who would truly love it!  We were chatting online yesterday after she told me the sad tale of the pumpkin getting taken to a bunco party and no one claimed it as a prize - she rescued her darling-ness and brought it home herself.  We were talking about how the internet is great for bringing like-minded people together! Then we listed our top favorite entries and we both agreed that Dee (#10)! and that awesome quilt needed the pumpkin!

Blogger 
Dee said...
Your dish quilts are inspiring! I've been wanting and needing to make some and you've just encouraged me with yours!

Favorite sewing memory is of me as a junior high home ec student sitting on the lawn of my parents' house sewing the binding on my first quilt.

I still have some of the fabrics I used and remember the warmth of the sunshine and thinking how much I loved that quilt!

Congratulations ladies!  Please get me your contact info so that we can get you your prizes!!

This was so much fun everyone!  Any ideas for another themed sew & tell?  How about using a tutorial you've been procrastinating??  Leave me some suggestions in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment