Tuesday, December 16, 2008

christmas is the best

and the busiest! Things have been so crazy around here. Along with shopping for birthday and Christmas gifts, ear infection visits to the doctor and pharmacy and a myriad of other errands and parties . . .

We've been doing a little decorating,


making more placemat pillows (I think I'm addicted),

this one is a microsuede, way too nice for food to be spilled on it! But perfect for a pillow. Plus I have a thing for snowflakes.

eating a little birthday cake with peppermint ice cream,

and maybe I had cake for breakfast this morning

visiting with Santa,



playing with those foam sticker thingies,


and exchanging hand-made gifts with friends.


My friend Megan gave me this little gem. She is so creative and fun! She raided my scraps and used some of my favorites! I love it so much! It will hang in my sewing corner forever (it really is just a corner - until we get to a house where I can have my own room).

Here' s a closer look:

Then she handed me another package and told me this was a gag gift. I opened it and saw Amy Butler paper and thought, "Huh? How can THIS be a gag gift?"


Click on the image to read what's written on the package.

Remember the dream I had? That Megan, she sure makes me laugh! What a great friend.

oh and I was wondering if anyone else finds that their definition of the 4 food groups changes this time of year. Here's mine:
M&Ms - mint chocolate and peanut
Clementines
Cheese balls and crackers
Cookies, cookies and more cookies (this is a whole different category than just cookies)

No comments:

Post a Comment