Saturday, December 27, 2008

oh christmas bags, oh christmas bags

how lovely is your fabric.

Oh Christmas bags, oh Christmas bags
I can't seem to part with you.

You used some of favorite stash
I made you in a hurried dash,



But look at you,
my favorite bags,


I hope you'll miss me too.





I finished these 2 bags up on Christmas eve for my sister-in-law (brown/pink) and my mother-in-law. I really didn't want to part with either of these. They are my favorites! Really! I told my husband that and he just replied, "You say that about every bag you make." True. I guess that's why this is so much fun. I really did enjoy making these, partly because of who they were for and partly because I loved working with these prints. I kept coming up with more ideas for them while I was smoothing them out with the iron and admiring them. Wait until you see the bedding I have planned for my daughter!

My brother-in-law called me a few weeks ago and wanted to order a bag for his wife. I had picked out those Michael Miller prints for her over a year ago. It's Dandy Damask on the outside, Dumb dots for the lining, and the Eiffel Tower toile for the pockets. That Eiffel Tower print KILLS me - I love it so much. I really think I am going to frame some of it. I have a thing for the Eiffel Tower.

The other one is made from Amy Butler's Belle Acanthus. I've longed for this fabric for a long time and finally found it in stock. It's a good thing I bought a lot, because once I finished this bag, I knew I was going to have to make myself one too. I'm in love. I told my mother-in-law that if she didn't like it we could pick out something new for her and I would keep it. She loves it. How could she not? I actually made a cutting mistake on her's and the bag ended up a little smaller - and it's really very cute. I've been toying with the idea of developing a new pattern - a smaller version of the big bag. I definitely want to try it now.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment