Monday, September 8, 2008

that's right!

I was at a wedding in California! It was the antithesis of the road trip I took with my kids. I went WITHOUT them. Woah! I kept thinking I'd forgotten something. I told my husband that on the phone while I was gone, and he said "yes, you did. And his name is Andrew."

That last top ten list was fun, so I thought I would do another one. This time:

The Top 10 Things I learned Going On a Trip Without My Kids

10. The preparation and anticipation of being away from the kids is MUCH worse than the actual being gone.

9. Getting up at 3 AM to catch an EARLY flight is worth it when you have a whole row to yourself.

8. Being gone is sufficient motivation for your 7 month old to start saying 'Momma'. But only in a complaining way. (It's still super-cute though!)

7. Not having to tell anyone what to do, or answer any repetitive questions for nearly 3 days is restful all on it's own.

6. Having GPS navigation in a rental car in an unfamiliar area is GENIUS.

5. Crocheting and reading are really fun when you aren't interrupted every ten seconds.

4. Being gone gives Daddy a great opportunity to bond with the kids without me overseeing every little thing.

3. Being gone gives Daddy a whole new appreciation for what my day-to-day is really like (he even said so himself - "They are really time-consuming!" and "These guys are a lot of work." As if I were sitting around all day doing nothing. Pshaw!)

2. I felt the need to let anyone know who would listen that I had two small children - I felt like a fraud running about without them. They are so much of who I am right now.

1. The three faces at home were the best thing to see after an exhausting, but fun, weekend away.


Congratulations and Best Wishes to my dear friend Carolee who was married on Saturday. She was radiant, he was beaming, all is right in the world. I am so happy for them, so happy they are so obviously in love and right for each other. Thanks for letting me be a part of such an incredible day!

Beautiful Bride

A Sparkling Send-off

The Giddy Couple

Great Friends
(p.s. yes that is my new haircut - but I wasn't really happy with it in the dry CA heat - it didn't work like it does here in humidity central.)


Airplane Activities

12 comments:

  1. A beautiful bride indeed! Welcome back from your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to hang out with you and see you and chat. Glad the 3am wake up was worth it! And yes, GPS ROCKS! We got lost going back to the airport!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hair looks very cute, EVEN in that picture. glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, congratulations to Carolee!!! She looks beautiful...& so do you :)
    How cute that Andrew missed you so much and that he started saying your name, that's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up! Love the list and totally love that dress!(Good Choice) I am really glad my phone buddy is back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW looks like awesome fun!!!! :) your hair looks totally cute! Can't wait to see a pic taken in Virginia! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy the time away from kids, I miss them, but a little relaxation is nice, but that moment you walk in the door and they all come running, yelling "Mommy",is priceless!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with the others Amy, I think your hair looks great! Nice work on the scarf, I love it in that fuschia you are using!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore your new cut! It looks darling. I wish I were that daring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun weekend. I totally understand about feeling like a fraud. I always feel that way when I am alone (no one knows I have five kids, they think I am just a plump, 30 something; they don't really know me; who am I anyway?) You look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok, I'm kinda dissapointed. I thought it was a made for movie moment....renewing your vows....something spicy. hee,hee!

    ReplyDelete