Thursday, June 3, 2010

New York Beauty

My mom left last week.  The day after the movers took all our stuff I had to take her to the airport. :(  I hate that we live so far away and she can't come over and hold the baby all the time!  She was so much help.  Thanks, mom!!

She also gave into my begging to get her quilt finished!  I'm bummed I didn't have time to get it posted for Amy's Quilt festival, but at least you guys can see it.
My aunt quilted it and dropped it off to her at the airport when she was catching her flight to come visit us.
I just love these colors.  And the points on this thing are so precise!  She's good.  Someday I'll have to have her show me how she did it.  I know it was paper-pieced, but I've never done anything like that.
She finished the binding while she was at my house (and look at that awesome backing fabric!).
We were going to have a binding party and I was going to finish the baby's quilt.  But mostly I just sat around and nursed and did laundry.  Booorr-rriiinnng.

I almost thought about throwing this in one of my moving boxes, but as it is her pièce de résistance, I just couldn't do it.

Sew and Tell is on for tomorrow!  pinksuedeshoe will be guest posting for me, and if you are familiar at all with her blog - you know it's going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment