Friday, June 25, 2010

sew & tell - more from my mom

If you are new or need a refresher for Sew & Tell guidelines you can click on the tab above for details on linking up!

Hey!  It's me!  The owner of this blog. . . Remember, Amy?  Amylouwho?  {chirp chirp} No? Doesn't ring a bell? {Is this thing on??}   Well, that's okay, I've been away for a while.  Thanks again so much to Penny @ sewtakeahike, E. @ pinksuedeshoes, and Nicole @ Who does these things?  They did a great job - and don't be too sure that you won't see them again!  I still have a lot of unpacking to do, friends to make, weight to lose and child-rearing to tend to.  I do think I've carved out a little space to do some sewing, so that's good!

We are attempting to settle in, and it's not as easy as I thought it would be.  The kids alone are taking longer to adjust.  And they are not only adjusting to a new house, but a new baby sister, new friends, and new everything!  Well, except Target and Costco - two constants that always feel like home!  :)

Speaking of feeling like home...
My mom was working on this little table topper when I was at her house in January.   It's a disappearing 9 patch with an adorable brown and white polka dot sashing separating the blocks.  The main fabric is Santorini by Lila Tueller.

I liked it when I saw it, but it didn't grab me at first. Then she sent these pictures of it completed the other day!!  Oh my!! It's so pretty!  I love how the brown sashing mimics the stained glass look of the fabrics.  And that green border - I just love that bright green!
Too bad for me, I didn't speak up soon enough.  She donated it to her guild's auction the other night.   :(  It would have looked so cute on our new table in our new dining room!  double :(  !

I should learn by now that I'll pretty much like anything she makes!  And yes, that's more quilting by my aunt.  She's good.

Don't you think my mom should start a blog??  I've told her she should, but I guess if she doesn't I can always share her stuff here when I haven't got anything of my own...

What sewing project did you finish this week?


Please refer to the sew & tell page if you have any questions or wonder why your link may have been deleted.

1. Link to your specific post about a sewing related finish you had THIS week.
2. Please mention sew & tell in your post and link back to this post (link or button) so everyone can join in.
3. Pat each other on the backs in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment