Friday, June 18, 2010

sew & tell - christmas in june and a winner!

If you are new or need a refresher for Sew & Tell guidelines you can click on the tab above for details on linking up!
 
It's me, Nicole, again.  I had to come back to announce the winner, of course!  Let me start by thanking everyone for all of your wonderful comments.  You're all so nice!  And now for the winner:


Congratulations!  She mentioned that she is going to be a Grandma soon, so double congratulations. :)  Annelies, please email carseatblanket@gmail.com to claim your prizes.

Since this is Sew & Tell Friday, I thought I'd better show something I made this week instead of just announcing the winner and leaving on a high note.  I've wanted to be a quilter since I was very young.  My Great Grandma Rhoda Lee made quilts that were pretty unbelievable even before I knew she was only using scraps and doing everything by hand.  Her favorite quilt was the Lone Star.  It required the most skill and she liked to show off. :)  When I really started quilting last year, one of my big goals was to make a Lone Star.  Thankfully I discovered a method that made that quilt a possibility.  I use a lot of Quiltsmart patterns and their Lone Star is one of my favorites - no bias cuts, everything lays flat.  Yay!  I bought a room full of Riley Blake's "Be Merry" Christmas fabric last January at 70% off and here is my first project using it:
I took it to a long arm quilter and hurried to sew up a back for it before I ran out of the house.  Shocking surprise, I made the back piece a few inches too short.  Booooo!  I had to pay a little extra and buy a piece of sorta-matching fabric...  
The tree fabric is flannel.  Somehow it made the back even cuter.  I love this little quilt!  It's making me so happy. :)

I hope no one is grossed out by a Christmas Project in June.  It's not too early, right?  Okay, it is. 

What have you been sewing this week?


Please refer to the sew & tell page if you have any questions or wonder why your link may have been deleted.

1. Link to your specific post about a sewing related finish you had THIS week.
2. Please mention sew & tell in your post and link back to this post (link or button) so everyone can join in.
3. Pat each other on the backs in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment