Friday, May 14, 2010

sew & tell - I'm baaaa-aaack! with a little quilting to share.

If you are new or need a refresher for Sew & Tell guidelines you can click on the tab above for details on linking up!
 

Hello there dear friends!  Thought I'd pop in for this week's sew & tell and show you not one, but TWO projects!  Are you impressed?  Well, don't be.  I only had a few lines to finish up on the quilting for the baby quilt.  And I'm kind of digging it.  And the second project isn't mine.  But it's a beauty!
I decided to go for a straight line look that I've seen around.  I stitched about a quarter inch on either side of each seam and I like how the squares got a framed effect doing this.  Plus it's quite a bit easier for a beginner quilter like me than stippling.  I decided not to show you the front until it's really finished.  Oh the suspense!!

I've learned a few things too.  I bought these handy clips (and then found some others too) to use to keep my quilt rolled up while I feed it through the machine.

This is what it looks like, all clipped up!

Second project:  Remember my mom's New York Beauty?  Well, my aunt Mary quilted it!  My mother (my patron saint of saving my butt) is here (to save me from being alone with 2 toddlers and a newborn and an impending move) and brought it with her.  We are having a binding party this week.
I still can't get over the colors in this quilt. And I love the backing.  And the wide stripe she used for the border. And that my Aunt can freehand quilt and make it look like she uses a pattern AND a stitch regulator.  I can't wait to show this to you all finished!!

So onto you guys!!

Oh wait, what?  You wanted to see more pictures of the baby?  Oh.  Okay.  I guess, if you insist.


Can't wait to see what you've been doing this week!

Your turn!

Please refer to the sew & tell page if you have any questions or wonder why your link may have been deleted.
1. Link to your specific post about a sewing related finish you had THIS week.
2. Please mention sew & tell in  your post and link back to this post (link or button) so everyone can join in.
3. Pat each other on the backs in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment