Friday, May 7, 2010

sew & tell- one of these things is not like the other

If you are new or need a refresher for Sew & Tell guidelines you can click on the tab above for details on linking up!
Sorry for keeping you all waiting this am, I was having some arguments with blogger, but I won!!

Before we jump in to sew & tell this week, lets's play a little game!! I promise it'll be fun.


You know the game. The one on Sesame Street where they sing "oooooooone of these things, is not like the other"?

I know, I know. It's a hard one.
Ok, maybe blink your eyes a couple of times really hard and then look again.
You found it?
All I have to say is glamour shots, schlammer shots! Who needs them when we all have photoshop? (for those of you who like my version of Amy and Maggie's photo, make sure you tell Amy in the comments. I'm hoping she doesn't ban me from her blog after seeing my souped up version of her photo!)
I know you all have had several sleepless nights for the last week, wondering if you were the wrap it up bag winner, so I won't keep you waiting any longer. I did a random number generator for the number of linkies from last week's sew & tell, and
the winner is #33!
Vanessa! I'll email you later today to get your info.
And now for my big finish this week.....
tadaaaaa!
a linen napkin set with some hand embroidery. For those of you who know me a little bit, you know this is a miraculous event. Me and hand sewing are like oil and water for sure. After some vigorous shaking, we'll meld together a little. Give us a few minutes though, and then we're both back in our own separate corners, wondering what just happened.



For those of you who are interested, I made these for the urban home goods swap. We just finished up with the first round, but if you like to do a little swap now and again, check back for the next one!

***edited to add*** For those of you who asked, I'll be posting the tutorial for the napkins on sewtakeahike in a couple of weeks. Also, the material I used for the outside is from the "authentic" line from sweetwater for moda.

Can't wait to see what you've been doing this week!

Your turn!

Please refer to the sew & tell page if you have any questions or wonder why your link may have been deleted.

1. Link to your specific post about a sewing related finish you had THIS week.
2. Please mention sew & tell in your post and link back to this post (link or button) so everyone can join in.
3. Pat each other on the backs in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment