Friday, April 23, 2010

sew & tell - i get by with a little help from my friends

If you are new or need a refresher for Sew & Tell guidelines you can click on the tab above for details on linking up!

Hello everyone!  I am so thankful for all of you that come here each week to share what you have been doing!  It's so inspiring to see your beautiful work and motivating too.  I was able to finish the quilt top this week (see previous post) and I was really planning on having the quilting finished.  Then when I went to put my quilt sandwich together I saw that my backing fabric is about 2 inches shorter in width than my top.  Dang it!!  I didn't want to take any columns off (that would have been a LOT of seam ripping) so I made a new column of selected leftovers to add to the back.  Maybe when I show you the baby next week, I'll be able to show you the quilt too!  (yes, you heard me.  NEXT week!! woohoo!!)

So today, I wanted to show you what some of my friends have been up to.

I think most of you know Dana, from Old Red Barn Co.  I've said this before - she was my inspiration in turning my non-kid blog into a sewing blog.  It was the summer of 2008 when I was recovering from an appendectomy (and taking care of a 6 month old) when I came across her fabulous quilt giveaway.  She's a wonderful bloggy friend and invited me to be part of A Notion or Two quilt bee last year.  This is the quilt she made from all of our blocks last year.  (Mine is the purple one.)  You can read her post here.
(image courtesy Dana)
I just love how bright and happy it is!!
*****
Next up, Penny of Sewtakeahike!  We met, well, I don't really remember how - just emailing back and forth one night and I offered her some hot pepper jelly and she suggested we do a swap.  However she lives in Colorado and I don't.  So we've never met, met.  But she is a dear friend too.

Penny posted cute pictures of this quilt a while ago.
(image courtesy Penny)

It is so fun to see her style - it's always so original, fun and happy.  Imagine my surprise when this lovely showed up in MY mailbox!  I love it!  It's going to find a place of honor in our new house.  Maybe I'll let the baby use it.....  You can read her post here.

*****
And then yesterday, I got ANOTHER package in the mail.  This time from E. at Pink Suede Shoe.  (You'll have to ask her about the russian mafia and why she uses pseudonyms....)  We met through sew & tell - so a lot of you may be very familiar with her blog.  She is a regular participant and we bonded over our love of Sandi Henderson's Farmer's Market and VW bugs.  Kindred spirits, totally.  Her blog is full of beautiful creativity and lots of awesome vintage blue things she picks up at great thrift shops.  Me = Jealous.

So back to that package.  She saw this skirt I made for Alison.  And this was in the package for baby girl #2.
How adorable! but wait!

It's reversible!  (See her post here.)
I know.  Dying over here.  She told me it just uses 2 fat quarters and she's planning a tutorial on her blog.  Who knows, maybe you'll see it here while I'm on maternity leave.  Yep that's right, I'm calling it maternity leave, even though you probably won't be able to keep me away.  :)

Thank you dear bloggy friends.  All of you!

Your turn! Can't wait to see what you've been doing this week!
Please refer to the sew & tell page if you have any questions or wonder why your link may have been deleted.
1. Link to your specific post about a sewing related finish you had THIS week.
2. Please mention sew & tell in  your post and link back to this post (link or button) so everyone can join in.
3. Pat each other on the backs in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment