Friday, April 16, 2010

sew & tell - guess what I did this week

If you are new or need a refresher for Sew & Tell guidelines you can click on the tab above for details on linking up!
A bag!! Shocker I know!  But it is finished, and that's what matters!

I've had this fabric for a couple of years.  I bought it on clearance (it's a Waverly drapery print) and just loved the colors.  I know, light blue and green - that's surprising too, isn't it?  In fact, I liked it so much I almost did my duvet cover in that.  Until I found that Amy Butler on clearance.... but I digress.

A friend of mine, who is also expecting, came by a few weeks ago and was interested in a bag and when she told me she loved toile and blue and green, I was so excited!  I knew this fabric was waiting for just the right person!

I love the way it turned out.  And I love that it is going to someone who will love it as much as I do. 

*****
I almost have the baby quilt top done.  I couldn't resist rearranging a few things - but I so appreciate everyone's encouragement and candor in giving it a look-see to check for major problems with the layout.  I'm really excited about being so close to having it finished.

Speaking of being close - 2 weeks from today there will be a new little person in our lives.  Weird to really think about the ramifications of that!  It's not like we're excited and planning a big trip or purchase or something else we might be looking forward to.  But another person, who we'll love forever? That's pretty amazing.

(I am dialiting and progressing already if you wanted to know details - and did I mention that's she's approx. 8 pounds already??  Just waiting to see if I make it to induction day!)

Can't wait to see what you've been doing this week!

Your turn!

Please refer to the sew & tell page if you have any questions or wonder why your link may have been deleted.
1. Link to your specific post about a sewing related finish you had THIS week.
2. Please mention sew & tell in  your post and link back to this post (link or button) so everyone can join in.
3. Pat each other on the backs in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment